WHAT IS IT?
Deworming is the process of expelling intestinal worms or parasitic worms from the body by administering an anthelmintic medicine/drug.
In more simple terms, it is a medicated process to kill worms.
WHY SHOULD WE?
Parasitic worms can lead to malnutrition. Deworming tablets allows people to absorb the critical nutrients needed to be and stay healthy.
Parasitic worms and their larvae are generally found in contaminated food and water in poor communities or areas where cleaning does not frequently happen.
Those who walk without wearing any socks or shoes in high-risk areas are most likely to contract worms.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF INTESTINAL WORMS:
- Blood in the stool
- Abdominal pain or tenderness
- Tiredness, weakness or hunger due to worms.
- Redness or rash on the buttocks
- Urinating frequently
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
PREVENTING AND TREATMENT OF INTESTINAL WORMS AT HOME
- One of the more important aspects of prevention is basic sanitation: For example, people should always wash their hands both before and after using the toilet to avoid possible exposure.Washing the hands before cooking or handling food is also essential.
Many intestinal worms enter the body through the food that a person eats. As a result, it is essential to follow some safe food and general cleanliness practices:
- Do not defecate in the open, always use a toilet
- Disinfect your toilet seat regularly
- cook meat properly before eating
- Always wash your hands properly with water and soap before eating & after using the toilet
- Always trim your nails and keep them short & clean
- Always wear slippers or shoes while using the toilet
- Never leave food uncovered
- Always drink filtered or bottled water
- Do not ever eat raw vegetables and fruits without washing them with clean water
Deworming is advised at least once a year. adults need deworming because there is a mild chance of parasites getting in our body orally either due to poor hygiene or outside food.
COMMON DEWORMERS INCLUDE: